Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Dresser To Buffet (Tuesday, June 14, 2011)


this post copied from previous blog, one of the most popular ones...see comments at end

Tuesday, June 14, 2011


since i've only been blogging for a short time, i don't have a lot of pics of my projects...i get so excited that i forget to take a pic of each step...i'm trying to do better though! this project was so fun for me and its from a while back so not many pics...

we have a local facebook page in my town that is a swap shop...people list items for sale or trade or even freebies...i came across this dresser for $60...i ended up paying $40 for it but had to drag it out of an attic...the hubby wasn't too excited about that...its very heavy!


here it is the day i got it...it was a light yellow...




the 1st thing i did was to take off the hardware...i then started sanding...i have a compressor so i used a handheld sander...
this pic shows the 1st coats of paint...i kilzed 1st....i used a brush for this project...you can't see any brush marks on it...i really took my time because this was my first really nice vintage piece....i had some silver chrome paint left from an old project so i decided to spray paint the handles...wasn't sure if i liked the look but no cost to use what i already had...i might update them with some more modern ones later...right now i love the ones that are on there...
here is the end result! i'm in love with it...my family laughed when i got it...i think they like it a little better now....i'm still working on my dining room...hopefully soon i will be able to post a better picture....i'm working on improving my picture quality...if i can not be so excited and pick up a camera instead of my cell phone...LOL
i would really like to distress it but i haven't got to that point yet...now...on the the next project :)

CREATING LOVE AND JOY
Ashley

See previous comments below :)

1 – 29 of 29
Blogger Kadie said...
Great Job on all your furniture finds!! I am LOVING this up-cycle!! It turned out so well! I can't wait to see what you do with the vanity for your girls. Kadie
June 17, 2011 6:07 PM
Blogger Ashley said...
thank you!! i appreciate your sweet comments...i am trying to get rid of my table and chairs...i posted on our local facebook site that i would like to trade for an old set...my family prb thinks i'm nuts! this whole blogging thing has my mind ticking...i just keep finding stuff i want to do
June 17, 2011 7:59 PM
Blogger Kadie said...
I know what you mean!! My hubby and I were just talking about the amount of projects I have going on. I am always finding more. We have lovingly renamed my space the sewing,craft,crap corner! I would love to redo my table! I am new to redoing furniture though so I am still keeping it pretty small.
June 19, 2011 12:52 PM
Blogger ⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜@ Debbiedoos blogging and blabbing said...
Pretty pretty piece and transformation. thanks for sharing at my newbie party.
July 31, 2011 6:21 PM
Blogger Deneen said...
Very nice! Like the dark top!
July 31, 2011 6:24 PM
Blogger Jenn @ Handmade Homebody said...
Saw your post on Debbiedoos. You did a terrific job - it turned out so pretty!
July 31, 2011 6:33 PM
Blogger Icy BC said...
I love that dresser. It's quite special looking, and I bet your family won't laugh the next time you brought something home..
July 31, 2011 6:35 PM
Blogger Steph @ Crafting in the Rain said...
It's so lovely--great job!
July 31, 2011 6:51 PM
Blogger Wendy@~Chez~La~De~da~ said...
I came over from Debbiedoo's and I love your "new" buffet!! I drag stuff home all the time and people laugh until they see what it becomes!!! Let them laugh!!! You get the last laugh, right? ~Wendy
July 31, 2011 8:03 PM
Blogger Rosemary@villabarnes said...
Nicely done Ashley.
July 31, 2011 8:35 PM
Blogger Tina said...
Saw you post on Debbiedoo's and just had to come an take a look. You did a great job on the dresser/buffet! http://tinasplaceforthisandthat.blogspot.com/
July 31, 2011 9:37 PM
Blogger Margaret said...
Great transformation! I have a dresser that I'm using in my kitchen for towels, tablecloths and as a bar on top. It need desperately needs paint and now I'm inspired! Visiting from Debbie Doos! http://sweethomeinspirations.blogspot.com
July 31, 2011 11:46 PM
Blogger Honey at 2805 said...
Terrific transformation on your dresser! Hope you will please drop by and enter my $50 Overstock.com Gift Card Giveaway!! If there are 500 entries, the amount will increase the Gift Card to $100!
August 1, 2011 1:24 AM
Blogger PⒿ @ $ € € ₦$ ₣®0₥... said...
What a great piece. And wonderful transformation.
August 1, 2011 8:19 AM
Blogger Jan@southernjunkin' said...
Lovely piece and so worth the effort! Visiting from DebbieDoos!!
August 1, 2011 8:51 PM
Blogger Kathleen Grace said...
Beautiful! I love the darktop with the white bottom and I think the silver hardware looks wonderful with it! Great job!
August 1, 2011 9:16 PM
Blogger Beverly@southernhomesweethome said...
Over from Debbie doos.. love it.
August 1, 2011 9:46 PM
Blogger Erin of HomeSavvyAtoZ.com said...
I love it! I would kill for that many drawers in my buffet! I would love for you to link your post up at my Savvy HomeMade Monday blog party at: http://www.homesavvyatoz.com/2011/07/28/savvy-homemade-monday-party-1/ I am following you now!
August 1, 2011 9:50 PM
Blogger Erin of HomeSavvyAtoZ.com said...
Thanks for linking up, Ashley!
August 1, 2011 10:00 PM
Blogger Veronica said...
Very cool the way it turned out! I need something to paint! Veronica www.tasselsandtwigs.blogspot.com
August 2, 2011 3:04 PM
OpenID storycrafting said...
Very nice!! We have some furniture to repaint, but it seems like such a daunting task!
August 2, 2011 9:34 PM
Blogger Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...
gorgeous! these french triple dressers always make me a little weak in the knees. :) you did a beautiful job on it!
August 2, 2011 9:36 PM
OpenID The Accent Piece said...
Beautiful! What a transformation! I'm your newest follower! :)
August 3, 2011 10:24 AM
Blogger Sara said...
Very nice! I have a piece that I am wanting to upcycle given to me by a friend who has started bidding on storage units! She didn't sell it so she gave it to me. Can't wait to redo it! Thanks for sharing :)
August 3, 2011 2:44 PM
Blogger Terri @ A Creative Princess said...
Great job! It's beautiful now! I would love for you to link up to "It's a Party" on Thursday! www.acreativeprincess.blogspot.com
August 3, 2011 4:54 PM
Blogger Heather@The Black's Best said...
What a gorgeous dresser and what a steal for $40! I've been looking for something like this in my area for-ev-er! Little jealous here!
August 5, 2011 11:12 AM
Blogger Deborah March said...
BEAUTIFULLY redone!!! Deborah visiting from upcyclingmylife.blogspot.com
August 5, 2011 11:46 AM
Blogger Cynthia said...
Looks great. I think the silver handles look wonderful for now.
August 6, 2011 11:06 AM
Blogger Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...
It came out great~ what a fantastic piece now!Thanks for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday! :)
August 10, 2011 12:01 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment